Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Preparation For Grand Finale!!!!

Year in year out as a student I have to sit for examinations. It is that time of my life again where I need to study day and night to prepare for this semester's finals. Here are some advice that I have gotten so far to prepare for this task.

Well, firstly I have to decide how much time I need to study for each course. Sufficient time to study a subject is very important to schedule a proper timetable to prepare for the exam.

Secondly, draw up a study schedule that I can follow. Sleep must not be ignored, for tired mind is quite useless for any academic endeavour.

Thirdly, in my revision, I should read all my notes first and make a new set of notes. This is because we can retain more by actually writing it down.

For further preparation, talk to the lecturers and ask them questions to clarify any misunderstandings while reading the notes. Discussing with friends can be useful as well.

After spending many hours preparing for the examination and still feeling anxious, I got tips saying that I have to consider how I think of the examination. I try to compute my existing grade in the course and determine what grade I require in order to achieve my objective. Is it beyond my reach?

After sorting out for myself, I would realize by then that I am doing better than I thought I could. However, if my anxiety level is still too high, then I need reinforcement!

Examination anxiety usually comes from fear of poor performance. To overcome this fear I have to test myself adequately prior to an examination to know what I know. Armed with this knowledge that I know, I can reduce my anxiety. Some degree of anxiety may be good for it helps to sharpen my alertness and concentration. Hence, trying to keep up to the normal routines should get me on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment